Here at Pristine Periodontics and Implants, we take great pride in offering our Birmingham, MI patients specially customized services that are designed to meet their individual needs, goals, and budget. However, before you get started with your treatment, we encourage you to do some research on your own to determine if dental implants are the right tooth replacement option for you. In our first blog offering, we will discuss the advantages of getting dental implants, and how to get started on restoring your smile.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a replacement tooth that is permanently attached to your jawbone with a small titanium root. Once the root fuses wit your jawbone tissues, it is topped with a natural-looking replacement tooth.
The Exceptional Benefits Of Getting Dental Implants
Here are some of the outstanding benefits that dental implants can offer our patients:
- Restored Facial Shape: Most people know a friend, family member, or acquaintance with a sunken face related to missing teeth. Replacing those teeth with dental implants can smooth premature wrinkles and fill in facial features. This can result in a much more youthful facial appearance.
- Improved Oral Health: Gaps between your teeth can draw in food particles and plaque. Filling in those spaces with beautiful dental implants can create better oral hygiene since gaps will be permanently and efficiently filled.
- Strengthened Jaw Muscles: Missing teeth can weaken your jaw muscles and cause you to avoid chewing in those areas. Replacing those missing digits can improve muscle strength and help restore regular chewing function.
- Reduced Jawbone Deterioration: If your teeth have been missing for an extended period, the jawbone can flatten and deteriorate. Replacing missing teeth with dental implants is the only permanent tooth replacement option that can reduce the deterioration of your jawbone.
- Enhanced Tooth Function: When you have missing teeth or dentures, it can be hard to eat your favorite foods and pronounce some words. Repairing your smile with natural-looking dental implants can help you regain your ability to chew and help you speak clearly once more.
- Increased Self-Confidence: Missing or damaged teeth can cause your self-confidence to plummet. This can cause many patients to avoid social interactions. Getting those teeth fixed with permanent dental implants can let you smile with confidence once more.
- Enhanced Diet: When your teeth are damaged, your diet can be limited because of problems chewing. Whole apples, corn on the cob, and certain other foods can also present significant challenges. Fixing teeth with dental implants lets you chew with strength and eat the foods you love once more.
- Better Overall Health: Recent studies show that patients with poor oral health often have increased chances of anxiety, depression, Alzheimer’s Disease. osteoporosis, high blood pressure, diabetes, and many other health problems. Repairing your teeth can decrease your chances of developing these problems and let you get back to better health!
- Protect Your Natural Teeth: When patients lose teeth, existing teeth often shift into the empty spaces. Filling in those spaces with dental implants prevents the surrounding teeth from shifting.
What You Should Do To Get Started
First of all, we would like to congratulate you for deciding to fix your missing or damaged teeth. This decision can be a tough one, but we are positive that you will not regret it. However, the first step in getting started on your journey to a better smile is to call our office for a consultation with Dr. Sayed. This appointment is important because it allows our skilled staff to examine your mouth, teeth, and jawbone. You will also have a chance to discuss your dental history and overall health. X-rays or CAT scans may also be taken at this time. All of this information will then be used to determine if dental implants are the right option for you.
Come See Dr. Sayed Today For Top Quality Dental Implants
At Pristine Periodontics and Implants, we love helping our patients gain years of confidence and security with dental implants. If you would you like to learn more about dental implants or payment information, please check out the rest of our infosite or give us a call. We proudly serve patients in and around the Birmingham, MI area, so call us now to schedule a consultation with Dr. Sayed.