An ounce of prevention…
- Prevention of periodontal disease starts with good oral hygiene.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a soft toothbrush and floss daily. Replace your toothbrush every three months.
- Consider an electric toothbrush for more effective removal of plaque and tartar.
- Use a mouthwash twice a day to help reduce plaque between teeth.
- Try an interdental cleaner—pick, brush or dental stick designed to clean spaces between your teeth. This is a Pristine favorite!
- Get regular professional dental cleanings on a schedule set by your dentist.
- Practice healthy habits. Don’t smoke, eat a balanced diet and be vigilant.
- Get regular medical check-ups. Systemic tie-ins between chronic diseases including diabetes have been found.